Navigating the ever-changing world of unified communications and emerging technologies can be difficult. In an effort to assist with that process, we have compiled the following list of articles, blogs and video links to help guide you. If you would like more in-depth information, please contact us. We are here to help with any questions.
- Changing Skills for IT Professionals for Successful UC Deployments – There will be a different skill set required in the converged/cloud environments.
- Let’s Not Confuse “Collaboration” With “Customer Service” – What organizational teams do to “collaborate,” will not be the same as what customer-facing staff will do with customers, even though it is all about person-to-person contacts and information exchanges.
- MacGyver IT: 21 tools for IT heroes – On the road, under duress, or out in the boonies — save the day with these essential IT troubleshooting and repair tools.
- Data breaches are going to happen – The important part, says ACI World wide’s Seth Ruden, is how an association chooses to handle them
- Beware of Phone System Fraud – Telephone Hackers Hit Where It Hurts: Your Wallet
- Only 20% of IT Execs Are Very Satisfied with Cloud’s Benefit of Fast, Easy IT Resources – Commissioned by Juniper Networks and XO Communications, the Forrester study polled 150 IT decision makers in firms covering a wide range of industries and employing more than 500 people.
- MarketScope for Unified Communications for the SMB Market, North America – As demand for UC from the small-and-midsize-business market grows, providers are becoming increasingly competitive by enhancing their portfolios and improving their go-to-market strategies.
- NEW: In Cloud We Trust – Can you trust the cloud for the needs of a contact center? Can you trust the provider of a cloud-based contact center solution?
- “Cloud” Services Changing IT’s Role – Again! – The question now is – what role should IT groups play in making the transition from premise-based, desktop application software to “cloud”-based, multi-modal, mobile apps?
- Hybrid Cloud Deployments to Gain Traction in the Enterprise Market—Gartner Says – Analyst firm Gartner, Inc. releases two new reports that bode well for the future of hybrid cloud in the enterprise market.
- NEW: 5 Reasons Microsoft Lync will Thrive in a Post-PC World – The close ties Lync has traditionally enjoyed with the corporate desktop and the dominant Microsoft Office productivity suite that runs on it, have left some wondering whether Microsoft Lync will continue this success in the future.
- NEW: ShoreTel 14.2 Provides Customizable Virtualization – ShoreTel has launched ShoreTel 14.2, enabling companies to deploy a ShoreTel communications system in a virtual environment, and customize it according to their needs in a single network with a web-based management interface.
- NEW: Migrating Enterprise Telephony Networks for Microsoft’s Lync UC – While IP Telephony will still be location-based in terms of desktop equipment and network connectivity, management and control will move to network and software-based solutions.
- ShoreTel Ships First Phones for ShoreTel Sky Cloud UC Service – ShoreTel announced the general availability of the first ShoreTel phone sets designed for use with the company’s cloud UC service, ShoreTel Sky[end-column][one-half]
- Customers gain the upper hand in video conferencing market – The “software revolution” of 2013 was the major catalyst for change within the video conferencing industry.
- Taking UC Implementation From The Top – “Use Case” Needs – Discussions about UC implementation have slowly, but surely, been switching from just employee BYOD issues to Customer/Consumer BYOD needs.
- 8 Tips for Choosing a Solution Provider for UC – Not all solution providers are equal. You need a solution provider that has the right skills and the right chemistry to ensure a successful partnership.
- 8 Ways to Prepare Your Network for UC – Before you deploy an IP phone system or unified communications (UC) at your organization, you need to take the appropriate steps to be sure that the underlying network will deliver the performance and availability that are essential for a great user experience.
- Taking UC Implementation From The Top – “Use Case” Needs – The starting point for UC implementation planning really has to move up from just looking at all end users who might benefit from UC flexibility, to looking at key business “use cases” and the specific types and roles of all end users involved.
- 4 Reasons Why BYOD Is Taking Over The Office – Technology research firm Gartner estimates that 90 percent of businesses will support BYOD by 2014 [from Miles Young on tweakyourbiz.com].
- Tips to encourage success of mobile workforce – By following a few steps and procedures, businesses can ensure the success of a work-from-home policy and encourage workers to be productive while operating outside of the office.
- BYOD adoption rate to top 35% by 2016 – Pair the proliferation of mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets and ultrabooks with widely available Wi-Fi and what do you get? BYOD.
- Unified Communications Trends: Cloud UC, Mobile UC – A recent UC Strategies survey stated that organizations are increasingly utilizing unified communications devices to lessen operational costs while simultaneously lowering response times and enhancing employee output.
- BYOD, is it right for your organization? – Bringing your own devices to work is more popular than ever and the trend will continue. The benefits are obvious to employers – employees can be more productive. But, are we overlooking the risks?
- NEW: Voice Conversations – Show Me What You Are Talking About! – With all the forms of text messaging, including email, SMS, social, IM, etc., one wonders what will happen to voice conversations over the telephone.
- VoIP – What it is, and what it isn’t – Out in the general marketplace, it is interesting hear and see the different impressions that many people have of VoIP. At a detailed level, users often misunderstand how it works or what makes it different from a traditional analog phone system.